Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Midwife Debate Lingers On


Sorry folks. I have been gone for awhile because I am working on so many projects--including picking up my life after Miami Dade College dropped me face down on the ground and rolled over me.

The midwifery fight still continues..and I am not just referring to with MDC but also nationally. Apparently, today concludes National Midwifery Week (October 5-11). I'm sorry to have missed it but I was completely unaware until 5 minutes ago.

The problem is that National Midwifery Week really didn't have anything to do with direct-entry midwives.

How do I know this?

Because the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) lumped midwives that are not certified by them, meaning midwives that are not CNMs or CMs, as "other." Please check out this link.

So, I guess CPMs and LMs shouldn't be celebrating...LOL.